Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 101

Rob went shopping the day after Thanksgiving and picked up an early gift for us to have this year: Wii Fit Plus for $10.00 at Meijer. I've been ecstatic about it and been enjoying the workouts I've been able to do with it. The nice thing about it is that even though I'm busy with all the holiday stuff going on, I still seem to be able to do something at some point during the day...

My new goal with Wii Fit Plus was to lose 17.5lbs in one year; half of my two year goal. (It won't let me put in a goal for any longer than one year.) However, I have ended up needing to lose 19.2lbs in order to reach my goal! I figure that a large range goal with a small weight amount to lose would give me some time to not have to worry about the "treats" I have at Christmas time and how much I eat over the holidays and such. Also, I'm working on the whole eating large amounts of whatever I eat lately... Being stuck indoors during the cold and dark winter months makes me just want to drink hot chocolate or hot chai and sit and read.

I'm determined to beat the winter blah's this year with my Wii Fit, though. I'm determined not to gain 10lbs over the next few weeks and another 10-20lbs over the next couple of months!

I am going to work out!

I am going to lose weight!

I am going to be able to get back into the clothes that I so miss wearing!

However, if anyone has any ideas how to lessen the amount of belly fat around my incision line from my c-sections, I'd love to know! So far, any weight I seem to be losing is more around my waist line than anything. Don't get me wrong, it's great! But I won't be able to wear my old jeans until I lose a couple of inches of bulk in that area first. I'd like to not have to go to wearing skirts all day every day...

If you're doing this new goal with me (mine is to lose 35lbs by December 2011), then let me know how you're doing and where you're at and what you're goal is. Then remember to help keep me accountable! By helping me stick to my goals, I'll be helping you to stick to yours!

Good luck and happy losing!

1 comment:

  1. My doctor told me that leg lifts were the key to tightening the muscles around your incision (I have one too). When I did do them this past summer, I noticed that it was working in "lifting" the muscles in that area. My chiropractor gave me an exercise of legs lifts but doing them while holding up those lower AB muscles...that seemed to help as well. When I did so the exercises, I noticed that my lower back didn't ache so much. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete