Thursday, December 31, 2009

Starting Over

It's been a crazy past few months trying to keep track of myself and stay motivated to lose weight and get healthy.

So here I am ending out 2009 and starting 2010 with a different outlook on it all.

I'm starting over.

January 1 is my new DAY ONE and I have until December of 2011 to be at my original goal of 35lbs less than I was. The only problem I've been running into is that I started the 35lb goal by cutting it in half, making it 17.5lbs by December of 2010, so that I could put it in as my Wii Fit goal. I say that this is a problem because I've been gaining and losing ever since I started that and I think I'm up to needing to lose 20lbs in the next 12 months to be at my original halfway mark.

Sad, huh?

So here's the deal. I'm going to try this with more working out and just watching how much stuff I actually eat every time I do eat and snack. If I can't drop 10lbs in 6 months then I've got a major motivation problem going on, and if I can't drop it in 2 months, then I'm going to start counting Weight Watchers points again.

So that's that.

Tomorrow starts a new year.

Tomorrow starts a new me!

1 comment:

  1. You can definitely lose 35 pounds in one year!! Don't sell yourself short by only trying to lose half in one year. I suggest starting with a shorter more achievable goal in one month. Lose 5 pounds in one month...it's about a pound a week! So if you only lose 4 pounds or 3, that's OK and if you keep the same pace going (of 3 pounds a month) that's 15 pounds by May!! WooHoo! You are sooo right with the "working out more" statement. We need to get up and move in addition to eating right (I'm not gonna say eating less cuz that suggests that we're depriving ourselves). You can DO this and I'll be here to pump you up!! Let's GOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete