Friday, January 1, 2010

This year it starts with ME!

Day 1

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2010 already, huh?

This morning I started out by actually having some breakfast. I've never been a big breakfast eater, but I've found in the past for me, if I eat something in the morning I don't snack as often. So this morning, I had a bowl of Life cereal. Yum! It's what Hannah was having so I figured I would have some, too! Caleb had some Cheerios and I'm sure that would have been the better choice for myself, but Life worked just fine!

I'm on cup two of coffee this morning, too. I did not add any extra creamer to it, but I did have a decent amount of coconut cream liquid creamer in the first cup. When I warmed it up for my second cup, I didn't add any more because I didn't need to.

I have made one small slip-up today, which was not doing a weight check this morning to know what my total goal is. I will, however workout today. I figure if I can workout every other day, with a TaeBo tape ,I should be pretty good. In between or off days I plan on doing Wii Fit exercises and I have a pilates DVD that I'd like to use again. If I get really ambitious, I plan to pull my exercise ball out of the basement twice a week and try to do the Core Secrets workout DVDs we have. Those are the things I have in the house I can use to help with workout routines not ending up being stale. To help me to get out of the house and workout, I may attempt mall walking on days that Rob has off, until the weather is not so snowy and cold outside (mainly to save me from bundling up the kids and making them ride in a stroller that has to be pushed in the snow and ice covered sidewalks by our house). However, I did find out that Jumping Jupiter (www.jumpingjupiter.net) will be starting ZUMBA classes soon (www.zumba.com) and I think that I will try to sign up for the courses. I think that if I were to find a workout buddy to do the ZUMBA classes with me, that I would have much more motivation to actually make it happen. My only issue so far seems to be that I cannot find anyone who's willing to take the class with me!

So here's my goal for the month of January: I am going to workout at least 6 days a week (taking Sunday's off, since I'm pretty much not at home those days anyway), and if it's less than that, double my time the next day. I am also going to try and track the number of actual calories I eat in a day. Basically, I'm going to take this month to figure out what I need to really change about my diet. If I find at the end of the month that I need to go back to counting Weight Watchers points, then that's what I will do. At this point, I'd like to get a hold on what I need to do, rather than just attempt to lose, tone, and gain muscle all at the same time and feel like I'm making no progress. That's been my reason for giving up in the past and I'm just not going to do that this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment