Saturday, January 2, 2010

2,073 Calories

Day 2

I know that 2,073 calories for one day seems like a lot, but aparently for trying to lose 35lbs by December of 2011, it's the amount I should be getting each day. HA!

Yesterday, I had 2,045 calories in my diet. The downfall of that is that I was shooting for 2,000 and I failed. However, I did NOT snack last night before bed, I did get an okay workout in in the afternoon and attempted some sleeding with the kids (Caleb and I ended up in a tree, but surprsingly no snow made it into my pants!), so I was able to work off an extra 300 calories from just those activities.

Now what all I've just mentioned is the stuff that I have plugged into the newest website I found that's kind of fun. Calorie Count is the name of it, I have it attached to my Facebook account and set up where if any of my friends on FB join Calorie Count it lets me know. It's a sort of weight loss community. There is even a place on the site to use so you can blog about your journey, however, I think I'm going to stick to this one. I have the link for Calorie Count on my blog here to the right. It's pretty nifty, in my book!

This morning I have to figure out how I'm going to fit in my 2,073 calories. What I'm noticing about counting calories compared to counting WW Points is that at the end of the day, if I'm out of points, I know that there are zero point foods I can have for snacks. There are very few zero calorie kind of items like that out there! Well, there's always diet soda and carbonated waters, but drinking anything before bed just leads to having to wake up to use the bathroom, which causes uninterupted sleep to be something that never becomes achieved. I guess I'll have to pick my caloric battles at some point soon.

I'm still determined that if counting calories does not work for me, then I will go back to counting points with the Weight Watchers system.

Today my goal is to get a light workout in. I was only able to physically handle 20 minutes of a roughly 30 minute tape yesterday afternoon, and although I am not feeling overly sore today, I'm sure that if I try the same workout tape, I'll be feeling it in the morning! Today, I think, will be a Wii Fit Plus day so I can do a little bit of everything to help lose and tone. I'm sure I'll be sore from a few of the workouts I'm thinking about doing, but it can't be as bad as trying another TaeBo tape while still so out of shape!

Hey, January: BRING IT ON!

1 comment:

  1. So you went over by 45. That's NOT a failure because you were trying to do something better for yourself!! Stop beating yourself up!! I went over my 1st day's goal by 80! But I've never actually looked at the calorie count of food. I was trying and that's good. If you honestly tried to hit your goal and missed it, then you try again to find things that fit into your calorie goal!! The more you tell yourself that you're a failure the more you will fail. Pick yourself up and try again! Tomorrow is another day!!

    ReplyDelete