Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Nothing but JUNK!

Day 12

So this morning started out fairly well, with eating that is. Other than the fact that I'm not able to sleep due to sick kids being awake all night, today went better than I figured...

When I don't sleep, I tend to eat more junk, I'm noticing. It's almost as if the salty and sugary items help to keep me awake or something. I'm not sure why it is, but just something I'm noticing the last few days when I haven't gotten more then about 3 hours of sleep total. However, I'm still eating less than my stated calorie intake for each day!

For example, I had told Hannah at bed last night that if she would drink the honey I was giving her to help soothe her throat and keep it from getting dry that she could have the chicken nuggest and french fries she was asking to have for dinner, the next day. So today we stopped at McDonald's for a Happy Meal (which had a cute, but way annoying Alvin and the Chimpmunks toy in it) and something for me as well. I had a fish sandwich (380 calories) and a medium fry (another 380 calories) to go with my Diet Coke (0 calories). After that I said I didn't need to worry about an afternoon snack. I was pretty satisfied from my food and felt decently full. For dinner, however, it was another McDonald's meal. This time I opted for their Chicken Ceasar Salad, and the only bad thing about the calories from that was the dressing was over 200 calories alone! Add to the night the ice cream run that I made (seeing as we were out) so that I could share some ice cream with my sore throat-ed child, and I thought I'd be hugely over what my last few days of caloric consumption has been.

However, I AM NOT!

As of this moment here are my currently counts...

Calories consumed: 1,771
Calories burned: 2,322

Now to just hold off from anything else for the night. Wish me luck! Hehehe...

1 comment:

  1. You may have only consumed 1771 calories - but how much FAT did you put into your body? Do you know how much fat is in that fish sandwich? Fish is supposed to be good for you - but not when it's fried and battered! The type of fish they use actually absorbs the oils from the fryer which is why it is so high in cholesterol. Your Chicken Caesar Salad is on the bad list too - so much fat. But you saw the calories....oh Amanda. It's not just about the number of calories you consume, but what kind of calories they are....altough we need to watch the number. And it's not just about keeping your burn meter higher than your calorie meter. There is an excellent discussion on Calorie Count that explains the meters and how they work. I will try to find it and send it your way. You must make better choices even when you are tired!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete