Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Settling in...

Day 5

Well, I did it again. I've not been using the Calorie Count website as faithfully the past couple of days, nor have I been working out at all this week. I know, I know, it's only Tuesday, but shopping doesn't count as working out! I guess I can at least count my "cleaning" and "laundry" from yesterday and the day before.

Do you ever notice how about a week into diets we sometimes fall off the wagon? At least in my case I do. I think that whole "counting calories" thing was becoming an issue to try and keep it up. I'm going to keep at it until the end of January though because that's what I said I would do. I said I would not switch to back point counting until February if I wasn't doing well with just counting calories.

On the fitness front of things, Zumba classes start tomorrow, and I may just have to find a babysitter so I can attend and see if I like it. I'm still looking for someone to join with me because it would make it so much more fun to do it with a friend! If I like it enough to keep doing 6 week sessions then I may look into buying the DVDs and doing them at home, or using them to lead a class at church even. I think it would be a total blast to be able to have fun and workout at the same time!

Today is the second day of having Rob at home with the kids. I know that is why I've not worked out and why I've not kept track of what I've been eating. I've been busy with him and the kids. That would be a good thing, but at the same time, it's kind of dumb of me to not still try and keep better track of my eating and such. My own fault and something I need to work on.

So for today my goal is not so much to remember to log my calories for the day, but to get the things in my house done that I said I would. If I can clean up and pick up the kitchen and dining area, my desk and still get to the church office to figure out a table for the 30 Hour Famine information, then I'll feel productive in at least part of my life today. If I can do all that, plus get the kids clothes and toys gone through (find what they don't play with and can't wear anymore) and put them where they need to go (closets or basement!), and still have time to watch a movie we rented with the hubby and kids, then I'll have accomplished everything I'd like to have done in the past two days with Rob home. If not, then hey, at least I've got the possibility of going to a Zumba class tomorrow to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment