Friday, May 13, 2011

Is Being Sick an Excuse to Slack?

Okay so it looks like I missed a few days of my blog. I figured that one day in between posts was bound to happen now and again, but two or three? That's not unforgivable in my book with this! This blog is how I'm supposed to be keeping myself honest about my diet. It's my way of sharing with you guys about what I'm going through with this whole weight loss adventure. With that being said, I could make an excuse right now that could cover my butt for not posting at least once between Tuesday and today, but would it be a viable excuse? Well, let me ask this then:

Is being sick, or taking care of sick children, and excuse to slack in one's diet and workout plan?

Okay so that's a loaded question, right? Obviously, I am supposed to be taking care of my children and myself above anything else. So I see where maybe failing to get a blog entry typed and posted is something I can get away with, but what about my eating habits? What about my workouts? I will admit that I did not slack off in my workout plan, yet. I am still on goal for this month with my Zumba layout this week, and yes being sick has made it so I feel like I can barely make it through a full video. However, I have spent two days writing out the points for my food choices, and the calories I'm consuming and burning, but I've been horrible at actually watching what I am eating. Yesterday, I blew it completely. I used all of my points for the day and only did I use them all because I had a moment of weakness in my feeling ill and in need of comfort, that I opted to have a serving of shortbread cookies. Oh, I should explain that I had that one serving of cookies, three times! Yay me! NOT! I knew I blew it when I realized as I was putting in my calories that I was getting awfully close to my daily allowed calorie intake of 1,700, but my points were down to 3 by the time dinner rolled around. So what did I do? I said, "Oh well!" and grabbed another couple of cookies. Yeah, that was smart, right? I even told myself that I would make some air popped popcorn for my snack for the night. (I admit, I never made the popcorn, and did end up just going to bed.)

So yeah, that was my day yesterday. Wednesday wasn't the greatest as far as eating went either. However, I just failed to eat anything on Wednesday verses overeating on Thursday. Was I maybe feeling like I had to make up for something there? Huh, I never thought of it that way, I guess. Either way it wasn't right of me to do and to go through and so here I am thinking that I really screwed up this week. But everyone has an off day, right? I guess that is still no excuse...

Well, with all that admitted and out in the open, here's my day so far. I'm left with 10 points for the day and I have only had 850 calories. My plan for the night was air popped popcorn (zero points) with a number of choices for flavorings with the help from Kernel Seasons (again, zero points), which will keep my points count well below my allowed points for the day, and even with the calories included in each item above, not near enough to boost me to my 1,700. Maybe in the next week I'll figure out a way to stay within my points range and actually consume my full calories as well. I fear hitting a major weight plateau in another week if my calorie count stays as low as it has been, but I would sure hate to drop the Weight Watchers points counting deal seeing as it really does keep me on target for less junk food throughout the day!

Goal for tomorrow: BREATHE! BE HEALTHY! EAT RIGHT! and ZUMBA!!!

Yesterday's points: 26/26
Yesterday's calories: 1,372
Yesterday's workout: Zumba Cardio Party

No comments:

Post a Comment