Monday, May 23, 2011

Trying Something New

Last week I dropped the ball. I barely blogged (I think maybe only once, actually, did I blog last week), and I so completely screwed up my diet! EEK! With my lack of motivation and knowing what I was not doing that I needed to be doing, and doing what I know I needed to not be doing, I found myself only losing 0.2lbs last week, making my goal of 4.1lbs in two weeks now 3.9lbs in ONE WEEK!

Oh my goodness!

Okay, so everyone that has total faith in me is telling me that I can do this! So far, in the month of May, I have lost 6.8lbs. If I lose another 3.2 (verses the 3.9 to reach my two week goal), then I will have lost 10lbs in 4 weeks. I know that sounds outrageous, but I don't see why it can't happen. I just have to boost my workouts and eat a little bit more than I have been. I stopped counting my calories, which was just making things weird to be doing both points and calories anyway. Instead I'm sticking to just counting my points with the whole Weight Watchers system, but I've pulled out the new PointsPlus calculator and am comparing the old system to the new system for counting. With the old system I am allowed 25 points per day, along with 35 extra for the week for days I might go over my points, or if we were to go out to eat or something special. I usually have done my best to not use any of the extra points during the week. In the past, however, I always counted the extra earned points for my workouts, so then I was able to eat a larger (but not over filling) meal for dinner or even a bowl of sugar free or low fat ice cream. I have NOT been doing that this time around, but I might just decide to join that realm, once again, if it means making sure that I continue to LOSE and not gain or maintain my current weight.

Now, with this new points system, things are a bit different. I am allowed 31 points per day, and an extra 49 points per week. However, the reason for the higher point allowance is because foods have a higher point value with this new system and new way of calculating things out. I'm at a slight loss today trying to figure it all out in my head, but I'm going to make a week or two here of checking them both out. I did figure out this morning, however, that my Special K breakfast doesn't change for points. So my cereal and milk are still a total of 3 points, either program I follow. The fiber bar I had with my breakfast had a one point difference, though. All in all, not that bad, actually. It's kind of weird to think that with the new system, I still have 17 points left out of 31 for the day, where with the old I have only 13 out of my 25 left. Strange how it's only a 4 point difference for what I have left...

Now I said I was trying something new here, and the whole points thing is not really new for me. So here's the "new" thing that I am going to be doing: ViSalus! Today I joined the 90-Day Challenge with ViSalus and ordered my first month of shakes. $100 a month gets me 60 servings of their shake mix (used as a meal replacement for two meals a day) and 10 of their flavor packets. I can also add fruits or whatever to my shake if I want a different flavor, and I'm already anticipating the idea of using my blender to make more of a breakfast smoothie by adding frozen strawberries or mango... YUM!

Oh that reminds me! With the newer points system through Weight Watchers, fruits are now ZERO POINTS as well as more vegetables than before. I'm kind of excited about that whole idea and am just now trying to land a new food list with point values for fresh food items, verses packaged items that I can calculate on my own. Anyone out there know where I can snag a new PointsPlus food list without my have to go pay for a month of membership at Weight Watchers? (In store or online, I don't know that I want to pay for the use for a month just for a few items, but I guess it's worth it if I can't find it on my own, in the long run, right?)

Alright, so goals for this week:

- Lose 3.9lbs to reach my two week goal! (Or at least 3.2 to reach 10lbs in 4 weeks...)
- Boost my workouts to include more than just my Zumba routine! (Maybe some cardio boxing again? That is always fun!)
- Drink more water! (No more slacking on the aqua intake!)
- BE POSITIVE! (I know I can do this! I just have a hard time telling my brain to "think thin!")

Last week's weight: 199.5
This week's weight: 199.3

Yesterday's points: 25/25
Yesterday's workout: Zumba Cardio Party

2 comments:

  1. Don't think - just shrink! Stop thinking about it too much girlie! Hey, congrats! You are under 200!! LOVE ViSalus!! Put it in blender with blueberries!! Yum. Can't afford to keep buying it though. :-P

    Move more eat less. Before you reach for a snack, ask yourself why you're reaching for it. What are you feeling when you want a snack? Stress? Boredom? Are you *really* hungry? Do you *really* need to eat that? Is this snack good for me? (not: how can I have this snack and not go over my points? Wrong!) Everything I've seen you write and express - your biggest battle is in your mind with food/snacks. So think about changing your thoughts and when you start thinking about snacking, get your mind on something else.

    You have so many tools right now to help you lose weight...use 'em! Submit to them no matter what. I ran yesterday even when I was crampy - know what I mean? Sometimes you just gotta blow through the "whatever" - the "i'm getting a cold", the allergies, the cramps, the lack of sleep, the "I don't want to do this today." DO IT ANYWAY!!! GO! You know you can - so do it! xxooxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say that *I* can't afford to keep buying it! :-)

    ReplyDelete