Thursday, February 4, 2010

Points, Points, and More Points!

Day 35

Yesterday was my last paid for ZUMBA class and I missed it. It was sad to not be there and all because I couldn't find a sitter. 5:00pm on a Wednesday is not an easy time frame to find someone to sit, especially last minute! But on the plus side of things, I am still trying to squeeze in workouts at home. I was hoping to get up in the mornings to do so before the kids wake, but that's not been going so well. For some reason I just cannot seem to drag myself out of bed in the mornings. I am working out while they nap, though. So where that helps for me to be able to workout, it does NOT help me be more energized for the rest of my day...

I'm learning that 30 minutes of TaeBo is giving me an extra 3 points to my 25 total for the day, when I use that as my workout. Last night I ended up adding another 45 minutes with the Wii Fit to my workout total for the day, adding yet another 3 points to my day. So far, I've been under my points total for the day. I like being under because it makes me feel like I'm eating a lot of 0-point items that still fill me up, and then if I do want to treat myself to a 3 Musketeers Truffle Crisp Bar then I can! (Two bars is one serving and one serving is 4 points.) I also found at the store last night SUGAR FREE Sweethearts Valentine conversation hearts. It was exciting to find something like that sugar free, which ends up being only 2 points a serving, and there are 44 pieces in one serving of the Sweethearts! So exciting!

In order to keep track of the sweet things and not eat too much of them, I am using the snack size Ziploc bags for things like the Sweethearts and M&M's and small things like that to portion out serving sizes. Then all I have to do is grab one of the bags and I'm good! It makes it easier to not end up wanting to eat the whole big bag of it all! The lady at Walgreen's last night said that's what she did when she was doing Weight Watchers. She was a big M&M person and so just bought the big bags instead of the regular size, single serving bags, portioned them out, and just went with them that way. She found that she didn't want to eat the whole bag in one day, and that the portioned out bags were perfect for getting that "fix" she needed. I'm hoping I can get the same thing with doing this myself. And not just with sweets like the Sweethearts, but with all the snacks in my house! We've got Pretzel Crisps that I just LOVE, but I'd sit down and eat the whole bag at once, and I've got Pita Chips that I use with hummus, of which I'd do the same thing if I could. So I'm hoping that this way, I can save myself some major "Points Trauma" by portioning out things.

So what am I doing with all these extra points I'm earning and not eating? Letting them melt away as the day does! I am learning that I need to keep my first two meals of the day filling yet light on points so that by dinner time, I can actually have a meal instead of a 2 point grilled cheese that is in no way as filling as I'd like it to be! Plus it will allow me to actually make a dinner that can include everything I need to be a healthy and filling meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment