Monday, February 8, 2010

Winning in Losing

Day 39

One week ago today Rob and I went back to counting points with Weight Watchers and I started doing a daily workout of some sort. Mostly I've been trying to do TaeBo every day and sometimes I throw a Wii Fit routine in when I'm not quite feeling up to TaeBo or want a little more of a workout added to it. So far, the goal has been to workout 5 of 7 days with the hope to squeeze in a 6th day if I can. Heck, if I'm up for I'll even try to do something all 7 days of the week, making a few of my "workouts" be nice long walks outside pushing a stroller...

Okay, so there's what I've been doing for the past week and what I plan on continuing with as the weeks go by, all to say that last week I weighed in at 193.6 giving me 25 points available to use for my food each day, and this week I weight in at 189.8 dropping me down to 24 points for dropping into the 180's!

Yay! I'm no longer over 190lbs!!!

The nice thing about this is that where I'm still feeling tired and fairly lethargic during the day, I know that with time, I'll get my energy back. Getting up this morning to workout, for example, instead of waiting until the kids went down for naps helped me to wake up a bit. A quick shower after my workout adds to that, too.

Now here's where I'm looking to the not-so-distant future and wondering how I'm going to keep up with this weight loss:

In March, I'm going to Florida with the kids to stay at my mom's for a few weeks. I know that I should be able to keep up with counting my points regularly, and I can still get in some sort of workout situation, but I'm afraid that I will be losing the intensity of my current workouts by not doing the TaeBo thing in the mornings. My mom does have a Wii and Wii Fit, but that only gets me so far. I am going to have to look into trying to figure out how to do some jogging while gone. Maybe I should see if anyone has a jogging stroller that I can borrow for the trip! Then I can at least take one of the kids with me out for a run. That would leave one less kid for my mom and step-dad to have to corral while I'm gone, too! Guess I just figured something out while writing this today... AWESOME!

Now, to just find someone with a jogging stroller (single or double) that I can borrow....

1 comment:

  1. Ya know, why not leave the kids with your mom? It won't be for very long. It's not like you'll be running THAT much and besides, it would be great to have the "me" time for just a little bit. Why do you "have to look into jogging"? Are you looking for calorie burnage? A brisk walk for 30 minutes by yourself would do you good, even if you don't run...just to be alone and get a break from everything. Your mom and step-dad can handle the kids for 30 minutes I believe.

    ReplyDelete