Monday, February 22, 2010

Eight Pounds

Day 53

Since starting back with the Weight Watchers points system on February 1st, I've lost 8lbs. How exciting! The past week was loaded with yummy, yet very fattening, foods geared around Caleb's birthday on Tuesday and his party yesterday afternoon. I'm finding that although I'm working out at least 6 days a week, I'm still finding that this winter weather doesn't help me feel very motivated to be moving. The dreary weather and snow falling makes me just want to curl up under a blanket and read, honestly, which does NOT fit in with a workout schedule!

At the beginning of the month I pulled out a pair of jeans I bought back in September at Rescued Treasures, size 14, and hung them on my mirror in the bedroom. When I bought them, I didn't try them on; I knew they weren't going to fit. But I did try them on sometime before Christmas just to see how tight they were. I had to fight to get them over my thunder thighs and over my huge butt, and when I finally got them up, I had about a six to eight inch gap between the snap closure. "Yeah, right!" I thought, "Like I'll ever get into these things! Well, at least they only cost like three bucks, right?" Well, Tuesday morning I decided to try them on just for the heck of it to see how much farther I had to go to be able to "close the gap," as it were. Well, believe it or not, I got them pulled up my thighs and over my big butt a lot easier than the last time (keep in mind these jeans do have some stretch to them, so they were still snug but not too tight). And to top it off, I GOT THEM ZIPPED AND SNAPPED NO PROBLEM! I still have a big fat issue layered over my abs and hanging out around my scar lines from two c-sections, so they don't fit the greatest, but it's a start! I'm figuring that if I can keep up loss of about a pound or two a week for the next month, that I might be able to get these jeans on with not having to squeeze myself into them by the end of April at the latest! I just have to stay moving and motivated...

This is where I start to get concerned: Staying on the move!

This week starts one of the busiest weeks of my life so far! My youth group's participating in the 30 Hour Famine (30HF) this weekend starting on Friday at 12:30pm (after we've eaten lunch) and going until 6:30pm on Saturday. I am also leading worship on Sunday morning and leaving for Florida with my kiddos on Monday morning. So far that doesn't sound too bad, right? Well, keep in mind that along with the 30HF this weekend, I have a LOT of prepping and setting up to do for the overnighter at the church. I also have to practice the songs for Sunday morning, as well as hold a practice on Thursday night with my team, and still find time to pack a suitcase, DVDs, stuff for the kids to do in the car, as well as snacks and drinks for the ride down.

This should be an interestingly busy week...

No comments:

Post a Comment