Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's a Love-Hate Relationship Kind of Thing

Day 219

Well, the past few days have been interesting as far as my dieting goes. My workouts were missed the past couple of days, in the way that I've been doing. I did 60 crunches yesterday afternoon, but that didn't really make me work up a sweat or anything to help me feel like I was doing anything to lose any weight really. But eating junk is my downfall, not missing workouts.

Today was fairly eventful, however, as we got up to go buy diet soda on sale at Meijer (buy 2 six packs, get 3 free!) and then made our way from there to the Farmer's Market where my goal was veggies and I got nothing but fruit! Okay, so I did get some flowers, too, and now I have a bunch of gladiolas on top of my piano, lookin' all lovely! (I'll go back this week and get another bunch or two... They are just so pretty and wonderful!) Then we decided that it was time for our "birthday" meal and went out to Red Lobster. I figured I would have used up the majority of my points for the rest of the day, however, between my soup, crab legs, fish and broccoli, I managed to really only eat about 15 points out of the 24 I had left after my 1 point breakfast. I am very excited about this, because it leaves me with 9 more to play with tonight when making dinner. (Basically that means I will have a serving of dressing on my salad and maybe another yogurt after I've eaten that and some cucumber, making it all of 2 points for dinner instead of zero...) It also means that I might be able to have a cookie or WW frozen desert thing that's in my freezer, if I feel so inclined.

The sad thing is that as much as I LOVED being able to go eat at Red Lobster with my family today, I'm currently regretting it. The richness of the food after a week of not-so-rich foods is making my tummy not a happy one. At least I know now that the days I decide to let loose and splurge in the future will be far and few between! Not to mention that I probably will only do one really rich item and stick to not-so-rich for the rest of the meal.

Goals for the rest of my night with the kids:

1) Workout with the babes before their baths and bedtime, and
2) Use the Wii Fit Plus after their bedtime and before mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment