Saturday, August 21, 2010

Slacking Off

Day 233

I'm reminding myself today of the last time I had a few days off from my diet/workout schedule and that it took me months to finally get back into a routine. I also find that the busier my day starts out, the less I tend to eat at the start of it, which in turn means more toward the end.

Feeling sick and dieting does not go well together...

Working out while not eating much doesn't work well either...

I think that I'm finding that if I keep my brain busy with things while on a diet, that I seem to eat less throughout the day and focus more on actual meals.

My weekend is shaping up to be no different than last week/weekend with all the stuff we had going on.

On the plus side of things, I did manage to lose two more pounds during Unity week. I know that had I actually squeezed in a workout each day last week that it could have been more, and had I not decided that Saturday was a good day to splurge (walking taco and half an elephant ear), knowing I would weigh myself the next morning. But either way, I did well enough to still lose. The question is how horrible am I doing this week...

It started out with the end of Rob's vacation, so we weren't home, and we were definitely eating! And yes, we ate a lot of junk. Getting home on Tuesday, the thought was that Wednesday morning would start things over, and well, honestly, it was more like Thursday that got me back to my point counting, and then I still didn't stick to it all that well. Yesterday was better, and so far today, I still have yet to even eat breakfast and now it's just me and the kiddos all day. I may saute up the veggies I have left over from our farmers market trip last week (before they go bad!) for my lunch, and see if the kids will eat any of it. Otherwise, their most fave lately has been pb&j and I'm completely cool with making them something so easy!

Today's goal: Workout more than 15 minutes!

Lately, Hannah's been cutting into my workout time by either getting under my feet, or throwing a tantrum before she crashes. Oh the days I wish I would still make her take a nap... Then again, she won't go to bed at night if she sleeps during the day. Not sure which is the better of the two options anymore...

Oh well, onto another day!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Amanda! It is such a stuggle. Between clases and work, I am so tired that I don't have time to think about weight, food, exercise. I think maybe I can only focus on a few things at a time. AHHHHH

    ReplyDelete